Facing a long drive to get to your summer holiday this year? Or staying home and in need of entertainment? Then this is the competition for you.
Up for grabs:
- a COMPLETE set of unabridged Pea audiobooks, all narrated by the fantastic Claire Morgan: PEA’S BOOK OF BEST FRIENDS, PEA’S BOOK OF BIG DREAMS, PEA’S BOOK OF BIRTHDAYS, PEA’S BOOK OF HOLIDAYS
- signed bookmarks
- Pea badges
- a bag of marshmallows* for you to toast over the campfire
To win – you need to design a brilliant (or brilliantly silly) book cover.
In PEA’S BOOK OF HOLIDAYS, Pea’s sister Tink gets fed up with Enid Blyton’s boring book titles.
So Pea suggests that Tink writes her own.
To enter the giveaway, you need to create a book cover of your own – either for one of Tink’s funny titles, or one you’ve made up yourself. Here are some I made up:
How to make your book cover:
- Fold a piece of card or paper in half.
- Think of a title. It can be a real Enid Blyton book, one of Tink’s ideas, or an imaginary book of your own. You can make it serious or silly – that’s up to you.
- Design your cover! You might like to look at this amazing collection of Famous Five covers over the years for inspiration. You could draw your own artwork, use a computer, or cut words and pictures out of old magazines: just make it eye-catching!
If you like, you can add a blurb to the back cover.
How to enter:
- Post your entry to Susie Day (competition), c/o Jasmine Joynson, RHCP, 61-63 Uxbridge Road, London W5 5SA
or (if you want to keep your book cover)
- Take a photo or scan, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember to include your name, age, email address and UK/Ireland postal address
- If you are under 14, you must obtain permission from a parent or guardian to enter
Teachers: if you would like to use this as a KS2 class activity, you can download it as a PDF here:
Closing date for entries: Monday 28th July 2014
* I love marshmallows, but I know lots of people can’t eat them for various reasons. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll have the option to pick an alternative.
Full terms and conditions:
1. Open to UK and Ireland residents who enter the competition before the closing date. 2. The prize will consist of 4 audiobooks, 3 bookmarks, 4 badges and one bag of sweets. 3. The closing date for receipt of entries is Monday 28th July 2014. The winner will be notified by email. If contact cannot be made within two weeks of the decision being made, a second draw will take place. 4. No purchase necessary to enter. 5. Only one entry per person. Schools, libraries etc may make a bulk submission of multiple entries. 6. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or fraudulent will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission. 7. There are no cash alternatives. 8. Entries may be displayed on this website. 9. All personal details of entrants will be deleted from our servers as required by data protection law, and will not be used for promotional purposes. 10. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.