Inspired by Keren David, almost-author of UKYA novels ‘I’ve noticed your lipstick‘ and ‘Such Boring Clothes‘, I bring you the Ten Alternative Titles for The Secrets of Sam & Sam (out 30th July).
The rules: Scroll through your manuscript and stop on random place. Whatever you land on becomes one of ten terrible titles.
1. KILL STUPID JANET
2. Nishat was afraid of bees
3. Atmospheric Conditions: Continuing hummus
4. There is no Dog Tooth Fairy
5. I’d rather be disembowelled
6. A boy and some yoghurt
7. Four slices of bacon in an envelope
8. Despair in a lifejacket
9. I did not actually pack any jumpers
10. Everyone was far too interested in his bottom
Tatum Flynn, author of The D’Evil Diaries
Stephanie Burgis, author of The Kat Stephenson Trilogy
Robin Stevens, author of The Wells & Wong Mysteries