Adventure books for 10-12-year-old kids, written both by classics and contemporary authors, will allow one to do amazing things together with the main characters and discover a lot of new worlds. Especially for this age group, there is a lot of literature in the adventure genre — it is easy to find something to read among it. It is much more difficult to choose works that are worthy of considering in the first place.
Adventure Books for 12-Year-Old Kids
Of the world classics, it is worth recommending the following books:
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. Children will both appreciate the adventures of a sailor stranded on a desert island and know a lot about human nature. Crusoe, in his reflections, raises many serious topics, although the plot itself, at first glance, is simple and uncomplicated.
- All the works of Jules Verne. This author was able to look into the future with the power of his mind and describe in the pages of his books numerous things that came true only after his death — flights into space, the use of submarines, etc. The characters in Jules Verne’s books are always brave and resourceful, while the plots are intriguing and full of interesting twists.
- A series of Mark Twain’s works about Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, telling about the adventures of two teenagers.
- Jack London’s novels, describing people forced to act doughtily in the most unpredictable conditions at sea, in Alaska, etc.
Of the Soviet classics, the following adventure books for 11-year-old kids deserve particular attention:
- The Adventures of Electronic by Evgeny Veltistov, telling about the artificially created humanoid robot and its life under the guise of an ordinary schoolboy.
- The Adventures of Dennis by Viktor Dragunsky about the adventures of boys.
- Sannikov Land and Plutonia by Vladimir Obruchev, which are akin to the works of Jules Verne but contain more colorful descriptions and interesting plot twists.
Of modern literature, it is worth considering the following adventure books for 10-year-old kids:
- Harry Potter.
- The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier.
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.
Of modern Russian adventure books for 10-year-old kids, the following should be mentioned:
- The series about Manynya by Narine Abragyan
- Chasodei series by Natalia Shcherba
- Zertsalia series by Evgeny Gagloev
And it is just an incomplete list of must-read adventure books for 10-year-old kids. However, it is worth beginning with these authors and works.